Bethany Evangelical Church

Bethany is a small group of Christian belivers who meet together in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. We an independent Bible based evangelical church that provides opportunities for worship, Christian growth, Bible teaching, service, and fellowship.The Church is run by a group of Elders.

Bethany History

Bethany Church building in Union Street, Newport was built in 1976 after the church moved from the original Bethany Gospel Hall building build in the 1930's, located on Coppins Bridge roundabout, Newport which is now occupied by the Newport Elim group.

Although the main Bethany Church was built in 1976, there was an original house at the town end of the site, which was built in 1843. The house has undergone many renovations since it was built and has now been converted (apt phrase for an evangelical church) to incorporate general meeting rooms a kitchen and offices.

Bethany Church are particularly pleased to offer part of the first floor accommodation of the Homestead to The Isle of Wight Youth for Christ team, who have their main IoW head office there.